Bags not Packed but Ready to Go!

Well I had high hopes of travelling light and just putting a few coordinating outfits in a carry-on. However, since my travelling companions are checking bags and hubby's pink, well used, hard sided, light as a feather, non-carry-on was available, I decided to succumb to the "it's not a sin to check a bag" principle.
So here's the thing .... the more space you have, the more stuff you can take and the more choices you have. Yikes! As you can see in the pic below, I am really trying to be well coordinated so that I can mix and match. And, my philosophy is to be 50% fashion conscious and 100% comfortable!


My "fashion conscious note to self"? - The "uniform" for 2014 is: skinny pants or leggings with high boots and a scarf. I know this from keen observation in the field. The other day I was near an event where numerous women in a 25 to 45 age range were attending. Seventy five percent of them all wore the same ensemble. It was weird! Even the hairstyles were the same .... long and strait - ish with no bangs. 
Okay, I know that if I got in my time machine and went back to the 70's everyone would be wearing the same styles, but at least there was variety. I mean you might see long straight hair like Peggy Lipton on the Mod Squad, but you would also see short hair cuts like Twiggy or an Afro! Long skirts and peasant blouses would be everywhere as would bell bottom blue jeans and a macrame vest! (Yuk!) 
 I don't dislike the new "uniform" ... just making an observation.
blog. yebhi

So, I will take a "fashion tip" from the young-uns and work on my scarf wearing skills for now (the boots and tights might come later). And ... there's plenty of room in my suit case for a few scarves!

I found a new video for tying scarves. My favorites are the "Celebrity" and the "Cowl"!


Comments

Popular Posts