Leaving Dhaka

On June 22nd I, along with the rest of the CTS staff, left Dhaka. Our flight left at 6:30 in the morning but we actually left our living quarters at about 3:00 AM ..... which meant that we had to be awake by at least 2ish! Some of us did not go to bed at all fearing that we might not awake in time or because we were too excited. Travelling home to Canada meant enduring a 9 hour flight from Dhaka to Istanbul, then another 11 hour flight from Istanbul to Toronto, and then, after a wait in Toronto of a few hours, another two hours to the Maritimes (more time for one teacher living in Victoria BC!)

Six of us, including me, decided to change our tickets to allow for a 4 day stay in Istanbul. Although we were all anxious to get home, we couldn't resist the chance to extend our travel!

Will I miss Dhaka? I have to be honest and say no. I will not miss the traffic, crowds, constant staring at us by mostly men on the streets, electricity outages etc. (and I'm not going to elaborate on the "etc."!) However, I will miss the students who were really lovely and great to work with. I will also miss my fellow colleagues esecially the young teachers with whom it was great fun to work and socialize with.

Istanbul here I come!!

Comments

Popular Posts