Two Weeks! Yikes!

In less than two weeks I will be off to Portugal to start My Camino! Yikes! I hope I've done enough "training". I hope I'm taking all the right stuff. I hope all goes well as we make our connecting flight in the Brussels Airport!

As part of my "preparation" I am walking, of course, but also trying on what I plan to wear and actually walk in these duds to ensure that they are comfortable. (Wearing a pair of yoga pants might be great around the house or at the gym, but what about walking in them for three hours?) And how about that head contraption? I have a traditional wide brim "pilgrim hat", but if it's windy my ears will be bothered and my hair will not only look like a rat's nest but be flapping in my face. So ... this week it's all about "trial runs" with my clothing and gear. And, of course packing my gear and figuring out how it's all going to fit and weigh!

Trial run with hiking clothes and gear. Gotta love the headband ..... looking good is just not going to happen!
 
My little packing cube that I call my "junk drawer" ... for my odds & ends.
 

I can guarantee you that my blog posts for the next month or so will be pretty much about " my camino". I intend to update my progress as I walk from Porto, Portugal to Santiago de Compostella, Spain. Therefore, I am counting on decent WiFi connections along the way and I will be using my phone (I usually write posts from my laptop). I think I will start using my phone to post while I am still at home just to get used to it. ....... it's going to be a busy two weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts