Off to Dhaka!

Departure day has finally arrived! I am leaving today (Sunday, Sept.2nd) at 5:20PM from Saint John with five other teachers. In Toronto we will meet up with the rest of our colleagues (16 of us altogether!) and fly from Toronto to Istanbul and then to Dhaka, Bangladesh.

We will arrive in Bangladesh at about 5AM on Tuesday. After we are picked up at the airport I believe that it will be a full day of shopping for mobile phones, internet service, groceries and items for our apartments. The rest of the week will be spent preparing for our first day of school which will be on Sunday, Sept.9th (the muslim weekend is Friday and Saturday).

As soon as I am able to, I will let you know how my flight was and hopefully post some pictures of our apartments and life in Dhaka!

Comments

  1. What an exciting adventure! I hope you keep everyone here in Canada up to date on your new teaching experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts