Funky Felting

Funky Felting!

 
 
 
This weekend I learned the art of felting in a course offered by fiber artist Anna Haines through the extended learning program at UNB in Fredericton. I've always wondered how this was done and now I know! It is truly amazing how fibers of wool will magically fuse together after a good soaking and a bit of abuse. The almost immediate results and colour options could make this my new medium.


 Our instructor, Anna, below, adds hot water to containers so that our masterpieces are well saturated. The other photos display the small clutch handbag that I made. I also purchased a kit with all the materials to make felted soap .... I'll let you know how it goes.
If you are interested in a demo of this technique I found a video that is close to the method that we used in the workshop. video on wet felting. Also you can view some of Anna's beautiful work on her website. Anna Haines





 



I love how the curly bits of wool have become embedded but still maintain their shape.

Comments

Popular Posts