Inspired by Winter - NOT!


Inspired by Winter  - NOT!

This little painting is a diversion from the abstract stuff that I've been doing. I'm not sure why the parka clad individual texting in the middle of a snowy landscape inspired me. Have I mentioned before that I hate winter? Anyway, I've seen a few images lately of people using electronic devices ...... whether they are half naked on the beach or bundled up in the middle of a snow storm. I thought that it might be a good theme for a series of  paintings. I do enjoy painting people but we'll see if it will be enough to lure me away from all the fun and freedom of abstract painting.



A recent abstract that I'm working on for a friend.

Life With Leroy

You may notice that I have a new addition to "my favorite links" - Life With Leroy. This is a delightful blog created by Amy Russell, my best friend's daughter-in-law. Amy is a medical student who lives with her husband David and their dog Leroy. Check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts