I'm GOOD!


It's been a while since my last blog post. I feel guilty, but hey .... it's summer! I'm not sure if that's much of an excuse but I'm going to use it anyway. The weather this summer has been "interesting" to say the least but in spite of a "post tropical storm" and a two day power outage, I'm good. - not "well" - GOOD!

Now I do know that "good" is an adjective and "well" is an adverb, and I would never say "I'm doing good at school," or The team played good yesterday. But ..... It drives me crazy when someone asks, "How are you?" and the reply is, "I am well". It may, or may not be grammatically correct (you can check the debate at "Grammar Girl" below), but it just sounds too highfalutin!
So, if you ask me how I've been, my reply will always be .... GOOD! 

Here a little clip from 30 Rock about the use of "good".
Grammar faux pas on 30 Rock

If your interested in the "grammar debate" read all about it below.
Grammar Girl

Comments

Popular Posts