Moving On

 Halloween is over and now, according to the store displays, it's full steam ahead to Christmas. However a small piece of summer miraculously still exists in the flower box on my deck. I saved this little calendula from the deer as it was just starting to bloom in my garden. I can't believe it is surviving the bitter cold nights and frosty mornings. As long as this little trooper defies the coming winter, I will hold off on my Christmas decor plans for it's home.

After all the realism I've attempted lately it's time for some fun with abstraction. Fun? Creating an abstract painting is not as easy as it looks. My little attempt below is just a warm up for future creations .... hopefully good ones! But first I need to get busy and paint over some old canvases so I can paint something new on them. Just like my flower box!


Comments

Popular Posts