Travelling Light

Stylebookapp

The picture above is my dream! My goal is to be able to travel like this all the time. It's not that I'm trying to avoid paying for checked bags (who cares about a measly $25.00 or $50.00 when your spending way more on the flight)? And .... I'm not really that paranoid about lost luggage (it only happened to me once on a flight from Singapore to Beijing and I got my bag the next day). My true desire is to be relieved of the stress of lugging humongous, heavy bags out of the airport, into taxi cabs, out of hotels, on to elevators, on to buses etc. etc. Oh yes, I know I should be tipping drivers and porters to do the lugging for me, but sometimes I just can't be bothered ..... I just want to grab my little bag and go!

As you may have read in a previous post, I am planning a trip to Spain. Since our flight includes two stops and two different airlines, I would like to avoid the possibility of arriving without luggage should my suitcase miss one of those stops. Once we arrive, we will be travelling to three different locations, which means toting luggage to and from taxis, buses, airports etc. So .. in my opinion, the lighter the better!

When I told my travelling companions that my goal was to make it through two weeks with only a carry-on, they laughed, rolled their eyes, and scoffed at such a ridiculous idea. They insisted that there was no way that would be possible for them. So either they are way more "high maintenance" than me, or I am fooling myself!

I want to look nice, of course (well as good as it can be), but besides travelling light my top priority is comfort. No cute footwear or skimpy jeans are going to restrict my old bod. My flying "uniform" is always yoga pants, a T-shirt and a zip up light fleece. On my feet I wear the bulkiest (comfortable) footwear that I am bringing ... to avoid packing them. Also, I usually wear a scarf. It dresses up my "gym" attire and I can use it  as a light blanket to block a draft.

So ..... having done my research, I am ready to begin packing. I will let you know how I make out!

Below are some interesting sites. "It's Not a Sin to Check a Bag" is from a blog created by a friend of mine's daughter (that one is for my "diva" friends!) "How to wear a Man's Shirt" is cool but not for me. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts