Late Christmas Presents are the Best!







 


 
 


So I'm getting packed to go to Cuba for a couple of weeks and I find this package in the "travel drawer" (where we keep things like a luggage scale, plug adapters etc.) in our spare room. I knew it was from Amazon but had no idea what it could be. When I showed it to my husband, he groaned and shook his head ...... he had ordered it for me for Christmas and forgot about it. (I used to do that all the time in my busier days.) Anyway, now I have a new book to inspire some cool new projects. When I get back from Cuba I plan to roll my sleeves up and start some new projects. I would love the challenge of taking an outdated, ugly piece of furniture and making it into something new and modern.

Furniture Makeovers by Barb Blair has lots of ideas as well as suggestions on what and where to look for interesting pieces of furniture and detailed directions for using a variety of techniques. You can get it at Indigo or purchase it on line (about $18.00).

Furniture Makeovers by Barb Blair

I've been enjoying doing abstracts lately. I love starting with a bit of a plan while at the same time having the freedom to take things in a new direction if I feel like it. The two that I have posted here are about 12" x 12". I'm not sure if they would look best with a white frame or a black one??? Perhaps a coloured one???

I've also been working on some more greeting cards and some smaller paintings of people in winter. (I can't believe that I would even entertain the ideas of creating anything to do with winter!)

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter? Well on Saturday I will kiss old man winter good bye as I board a plane for sunny Cuba. Can't wait! ...... You probably won't see any more posts until I return. Hopefully, when I do, my batteries will be recharged and I will have lots of new ideas and projects to blog about!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts