Life Without Luxury

I just have to share this! The teacher who is replacing me at CTS in Dhaka posted this photo essay on Facebook. It was created by a student, Zihan Ahmed who was a grade 11 student last year, a computer wiz who saved my technological butt several times.

The images are accompanied by a brief statement about who the people are and what their situation is. All the pictures were taken in areas of Dhaka called Gulshan and Banani - where I lived last year. These images are very familiar. Every day we passed by these people either walking or driving. While we were shocked, saddened, horrified or disturbed, we became accustomed to it. It was just part of life in Dhaka. I recall often wondering what some of these individual's "stories" were ....... now, thanks to Zihan, I know.

Check out Zihan's photo essay!

Life Without Luxury by Zihan Ahmed

Comments

Popular Posts