New Trends for 2014


Now that New Year's Eve is over and the Christmas decorations are getting packed away for another year, we can begin de-cluttering, reorganizing and perhaps think about introducing some new "decor". Santa put a couple of decorating magazines in my sock so I am inspired! Below is an article from House and Home Magazine that features some of the new trends for 2014:

  • Sculptural lighting (lights and fixtures that stand out)
  • Painted out trim (trim and moldings are painted the same as the walls)
  • Large scale geometric art (instead of a gallery look, make a bold statement)
  • Pattern underfoot (exotic rugs are making a comeback)
  • Mid- century/ retro furniture also seems to be popular
Watch for these design, fashion visions for 2014
Check out some more "hot trends" on the website below

Interior Design 2014

After you have perused numerous magazines and websites, the trick is to think about how you might incorporate some of these new, fresh ideas into your existing decor. There is soooo much out there, it can be visually overwhelming! I guess you just have to pick out a few things that you like and work them into what you already have. Before Christmas I made "fun fur" cushions for my couch that were inspired by a magazine photo. Next I think I will work on creating a new painting for my living room that makes a bold statement (like the geometric painting above). I already have a "bold statement" piece in the form of a print that my son created a few years ago, so I hope that the new painting will compliment it not compete with it. I'll let you know how it goes. Happy decorating!

My fun fur cushions and bold statement print.

             

Comments

Popular Posts