My Compostela

On my flight home I checked my backpack and chose to travel light with just a small (fold into a pocket type) pack. In it I carried a few personal items for the trip and my "Compostela", or certificate of my accomplishment in completing the requirements of the Camino de Santiago. After all that waking I wasn't going to risk the possibility of it getting lost!
In order to receive this certificate, pilgrims have to complete a minimum of 100kms. I walked 177kms! My certificate of distance says 260kms because I started at Porto, but due to time, weather etc. we had to take a few buses or taxis occasionally. Anyway, I am very pleased to have this document as well as my "credencial" or passport with all the stamps that I collected along the way. A great souvenir!


 
 

Comments

Popular Posts