Making Cakes and Progress

Easy Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Cake
 (This is the photo from the Canadian Living website but I used the recipe to make a double layer round cake with chocolate icing)
   On Thanksgiving weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday as we were fortunate enough to have family from "away" to help the old fella blow out the candles. Since chocolate cake is his favorite I set out to find a recipe that would also accommodate our son's girlfriend who does not eat dairy products. My Google search produced a great recipe from Canadian Living that promised a moist chocolaty delight without any dairy products. They were right! It was a hit. My husband said that it was the best chocolate cake he has had in years. Now I'm a star! Thanks Canadian Living for making me look good!
 Anyway, checkout the recipe on the link below. There is also a good video there on lining a cake pan with parchment paper.

Easy Chocolate Cake

I'm making progress on my painting of the Bangladesh shop keeper. I'm finding that the fruit and newspaper are much harder to do than the face. Anyway, it's a good excercise and it keeps me busy!

Comments

Popular Posts