New Market, New Painting, New Book

New Market

I recently came accross this photo that I took when I was working in Bangladesh at a place called New Market. It was a huge market with everything, books, clothes, luggage, dishes, goats, you name it. In the middle of all the crowds, shops and vendors I noticed this fellow taking a moment to have a seat and read the morning paper.What a great painting that image would make.

I must be crazy but I painted over an old painting and started sketching my newspaper guy on to the canvas. So far so good but I know that capturing the newpaper and the fruit will not be easy and this is not something that I usually do so I doubt that I will be very satisfied with my efforts. However, I will forge ahead just for the heck of it!

New Painting


 

New Book

I am looking forward to reading Malcolm Gladwell's new book David and Goliath. I have enjoyed his ideas in The Tipping Point and the Outliers so I hope that his latest work will be a good read as well. From what I gather, David and Goliah is about the underdog rising to the top and challenges us to think about how obstacles and disadvantages might be a good thing (like what doesn't kill you makes you stronger). If anyone wants a Christmas gift idea here it is (I'd like the electronic version for my reader hint, hint!).

Comments

Popular Posts